Ogunquit Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Ogunquit Forum on August 5, 2012 4:01 p.m.. If you can help with this question about Ogunquit, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Ogunquit yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Ogunquit here.

Dog Unfriendly!

After having been to Ogunquit many times, we returned today to find out that it one of the most unfriendly dog destinations we've been to. Apparently the times we have been must have been in the off season or before we had dogs. They advertise many pet friendly hotels, you will find dogs bowls outside of most business', and we were stopped many times for people to say hi to our dogs, and they do have a dog park so we anticipated a great day. Unfortunately, we arrived at the beach to find that there are no dogs on the beach April to Sept and you will be fined $100 if you try. While I understand how this may be a good idea right at the area of the base of the beach walk, there are areas further down the beach where the crowd thins, so I am not sure why a leased dog is a problem. We have been to many beaches and many, including Provincetown, have off leash hours or an area past the main area where dogs are permitted. Once we realized the beach was not an option, we walked back to the car to load everything and we decided to take the Marginal Walk, our second favorite thing to do in Ogunquit. After walking all the way back to the car and then to the head of the trail, we were again confronted with the "No Dogs Apr-Sept sign". I found this overtly unfriendly because this is literally a walking path no different than any sidewalk in town. Discouraged but the city we packed up after an hour and headed out.

Originally posted by Andrew from Boston, MA, US
August 5, 2012 4:01 p.m.

Replies

No discussion yet, be the first to reply!
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.