Bar Harbor Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the Bar Harbor Forum on August 23, 2013 4:52 a.m.. If you can help with this question about Bar Harbor, please post a reply. If you’re travelling to Bar Harbor yourself, you can also get discounted rates on pet friendly hotels in Bar Harbor here.

LEASH YOUR DOGS!

we had a lovely i week in bar harbor and found it to be very dog friendly however we found a few dogs to not be people friendly. i literally walked out of our cabin with my 2 chihuahuas and was attacked by 2 unleashed german shepards. while iwill not say where we stayed bc it was not managements fault... i will say that its up to YOU as a dog owner to make the call and decide if your dog is friendly enough with strangers to bring into a public place.. and for the safety of everyone keep your dog leashed as you never know if something will set them off. i barely made it back into our room yanked my boys in via their leashes and barely had the door shut before one of the shepards slammed into the glass to attack us. if it had been another second i am sure one of my dogs would have been hurt or killed. the owners barely apologized. its up to us to be responsible pet owners so that hotels continue to open their doors to us and oir dogs. if these dogs had been leashed and attended to and not just left outside a serious attack could have been avoided. it definetly put a damper on our trip as we were now afraid to leave our room at night

Originally posted by christina from Madison, NJ, US
August 23, 2013 4:52 a.m.

Replies

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! We're trying to plan a month this summer and I am trying to decide to take mine or not. The same thing happened to us in Rockport, Ma and it scared the crap out of me!

Posted by Leisa from sulphur springs, tx
March 24, 2014 6:10 a.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.