International Pet Travel Dog Travel Forum

This topic was posted in the International Pet Travel Forum on August 29, 2011 7:02 a.m.. If you can help with this question about International Pet Travel, please post a reply.

airport shuttle/taxi accepting dogs

I'm travelling with my dog to Phx airport but need a taxi or shuttle to reach my condo in north Scottsdale. Does anyone know of a taxi or shuttle service that accepts dogs in or out of kennels? Is there an extra charge? Which car rental companies allow dogs?
Thanks
Laurie

Originally posted by Laurie from Edmonton, AB, CA
August 29, 2011 7:02 a.m.

Replies

Relocated from Europe with 3 large dogs, Rent a Van if you have a large dog

Thanks to BringFIDO.com my relocation back to the United(?) States from Europe was so much easier! Truly I do Thank you BringFIDO! I found several hotels on your website at the last minute in Europe through BringFido, GOOD JOB!

I have a long detailed story about relocating and traveling alone with three dogs through Europe to get to San Francisco airport with minimum plane changes.

THINGS happen at the check in desk with untrained airline desk employees that can stop you cold, when you have planned your every move and every detail to the max!

So be ready with your own rental vehicle, and if you don't have a back-up person or back-up hotel, be ready to sleep at the airport or at a truck stop in the van with your dogs.

The day your dog(s) are OK to travel, load your dogs on to airlines elevator, worry like crazy and have your rental car company pick-up your rental car in airport parking space designated for pick-up. (Don't stick your rental car in short term parking, unless rental company will take responsibility.)

Dog owners need to start a transatlantic airlines to fly dogs in airline cabin regardless of size, we pay the same amount for a dog as you do as a passenger, and your dog's aren't getting ANY free luggage to take with them!

I don't think I will ever go through transatlantic flying again, with my dogs, unless I have absolutely need to relocate again! A friend actually went on the Q2 ship with dogs in their little kennels for five days, and I have checked everything private aircraft, other ships in with cabin... and I thought she was crazy, but she thought it was better for the dogs...to go by ship, I think it is too long to go to San Francisco west coast. I was going to rent car on east coast and driving across states after ship travel landed in NYC. This is what my friend did with four dogs and three friends, but It was all too much for one person, and a lot more money than I could spend.

I don't care what airlines are saying about their pet services they are all basically the same, using baggage people to load your dogs, who aren't very interested in the dogs, just getting them aboard. Please Double check everything if you do fly.

Best of Luck traveling in airports!

Posted by Kat from Saratoga, CA, US
September 9, 2011 10:55 p.m.

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using BringFido, you agree to our privacy policy.